Fw: [DML] my attitude about DeLorean (long)

Fw: [DML] my attitude about DeLorean (long)

Andy / List,

There are lots of books, myths, rumour and legends about the whole DeLorean
story.
I am sure all of them have "truth" in there some where, they are often
contriductory and always give a different "spin" on events. If all the
books
were the same then the later one's would not sell!

I sometimes get a bit upset when some "youngster" picks up a book or an
magazine article and then relates this "sudden insight" to every one
around.
Such as it was "all a British government conspiracy", etc. My advice is read
ALL the books on the subject, think about what you would have done in these
difficult situations and gradually form a balanced view of historical
events.

My personal view is that JZD was a man with great insight and talent, he
eventually produced a car that was different from all the rest. He should
be
proud of that. I am very proud to own a piece of this history. I don't
think
he was a saint, I don't think he was blameless. I don't think he was or
is,
any worse than most of our "Leaders" in politics or industry. If we could
re-run our lives again, I am sure we would all change a few
things..hind-site is a wonderful thing!
Live the dream...drive and enjoy the car!

If I were lucky enough to meet JZD in the street, It would be one of the
best days on my life!

Chris P. DOC UK ( personal view)