Headlight Options (was: Xenon Headlights for DeLorean).

Headlight Options (was: Xenon Headlights for DeLorean).

A quick search shows that Wagner makes sealed xenon bubls that come
in size 4656 (low beam), but not 4651 (high beam). But there is a
flip side to all this.

Sealed beam conversion kits are available in both sizes to accomidate
Xenon capsule bulbs. Good news is they can plug right into your
existing wiring w/o any modifications. Bad news is that since they
plug right in, you would need special bulbs that fit the beam, and
also have those special connectors on the back to fit the wiring
harness. Also IMO the low beams for this kit are rated too high
90/100W.

http://www.midnightmoose.com/housings.htm

While they won't be under my x-mas tree for a few years, Sylvania now
has a true HID conversion kit available for the 4-beam system. It
includes everything nessisary in the way of transformers and special
ballast cables. But it only converts the low beams. High beams are
still traditional sealed, but special one's are included with the
kit. Sylvania states that this is for legal reasons to keep a legal
beam pattern. Which kinda kills the thrill for me since I want bulbs
as bright as possible on my car for when driving desolate roads at
night.

Now, to somewhat get back to the original message that was pointed,
get what ever bulbs suit your needs: visibility or bargan (preferable
NOT the latter of the two). But don't choose a bulb becaue you think
it will keep the facias from warping. The summer heat alone when your
car is parked out in the sun can cause the same results. If you
really want to keep the facias from warping, you'll need to reinforce
them underneath.

In any case, if the bulbs on your car are original, I would replace
them. They're 20 years old, using 20 year old technology. New bulbs
alone can provide a world of differance when it comes to night time
drivng (which is what my car seem most of for some reason). I still
say the Sylvania Cool Blue's are the best choice. Inexpensive, higher
rating, beautiful color, powerful beam, and keeps with the car's
heratage :)

-Robert
vin 6585

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "Digital Devices" <delorean@xxxx> wrote:
> Hello everyone .. just wondering ? does anybody have a good cross
> reference part that will replace all 4 of the headlights on the
DeLorean
> with the Xenon lights?
>
> I just wanted to use these as opposed to the current Sylvania
headlights
> ? as my front fascia is not severly "eyebrowed" yet ? the Xenon
actually
> does not heat up as much as the Halogen .. so it would only seem
logical
> that a xenon would help prevent the "eyebrow" effect ? as well as
make
> the car look MUCH nicer for night drives...
<SNIP>