Re: [DML] slightly off-tune? what to do?

Re: [DML] slightly off-tune? what to do?

In a message dated 9/27/01 4:17:15 PM Central Daylight Time, Whalt@xxxx
writes:

> Andy,
>
> You said:
> > on the coldest of cold starts the engine doesn't seem to have any power
> for
> > the first couple of blocks. it won't give any power even though the RPM
> > gauge shows that the engine speed is increasing, and i can hear it revving
> > up. but the car doesn't move in proportion to that as it does when it
> gets
> > warmed up (after only about 3 blocks).
>
> What you are describing here is a slipping transmission. If the engine revs
> and the RPMs increase AND the car isn't moving forward, then something
> somewhere is slipping. If the RPMs aren't making it to your rear wheels,
> then they are dissipating as heat in your clutch plate.
>
> Walt

Oops.

I think i've confused everyone in my email. to clarify - YES the car moves,
but it doesn't feel like it has the power it should have as a fuel-injected
car. it feels like my 1987 2 barrel carb Plymouth Duster on a 20 below zero
morning for the first three blocks or so. after a couple of blocks it seems
to warm up enough to get the 'kick' going.

and my car is a manual transmission. not an automatic as i guess i implied in
my original post.

sorry about the confusion! i have ordered my own K-Jet pressure tester so i
will be testing my fuel lines soon.

Andy

Soma576@xxxx
1982 DeLorean DMC-12 VIN#11596