RE: door openers

Scot said:
> In looking at his option, it appears to me that his profit margin has
> to be very, very thin as the costs of the components from Dakota
> seems to add up to about the same price as he is charging. Darryl
> appears to be trying to help those of us who are looking for an
> affordable option, the viability of owning door launchers.

Very perceptive, Scot. I run a mail order business, part time, in addition
to my full time career in civil engineering. I have little or no overhead.
Yes my profit margin is very small. And every year when I do my taxes, I
think "Why am I doing this?" Because I love the car. Because I like to be
able to provide pieces that others don't have. I like dealing with the
other owners around the country (most of them). And yes I also like to
occasionally tweak the "big guys" by offering the same things they have for
less. But not too hard as I still need to deal with them, and with one
exception every one is a great person and an infinite source of knowledge.
We are very fortunate in that respect with the caliber of dealers we have in
such a small market.

--
Darryl Tinnerstet
Specialty Automotive