Door Openers

I have not posted to this forum in a long time but I felt that the
recent issues concerning the door launchers was important and I
wanted to share my 2 cents worth.

Competition is the spice of life. It keeps prices down and quality
up. The very reason that we all own a Delorean is that we wanted
something different.

The Zilla products are well made and do offer a "plug and play" type
of installation. I am sure that they offer a delicate balance
between price, performance, ease of installation and overall
engineering. I currently have the Lock Zilla, Tank Zilla and Fan
Zilla installed on my car.

Other entries into the door lancher market offer viable alternatives
and I appreciate the opportunity to choose between them. I collect
cars and current have nine including the Delorean.

I would dearly love to have door launchers in my Delorean and I
already have the LockZilla. The thought of an additional $800 to
$1,000 for this modification seems like it makes the option
unafforable to me. This "accessory," based on today's market would
be 7% of the value of the entire car!

Darryl's option is affordable and it appears to make use of the
Dakota actuators which seem to be quality products. While his
version will entail more work, my labor, as a contributing factor to
the overall costs, is insignificant. In short, he offeres me
affordability to an option that I want.

In looking at his option, it appears to me that his profit margin has
to be very, very thin as the costs of the components from Dakota
seems to add up to about the same price as he is charging. Darryl
appears to be trying to help those of us who are looking for an
affordable option, the viability of owning door launchers. I appluad
his motives.

Overall ownership of my Delorean has been one of the most expensive
undertakings that I have endured in the car collection process.
While parts are, for the most part readily available, expertise is
not, and in many cases I have paid out hudge amounts of money to
solve simple problems!

The value of the car has not increased, not that I am looking to
sell, and I see no real opportunity to view the car as anything but
a "most enjoyable depreciating asset." If I can obtain a desired
option and save a significant amout of money by doing some of the
work myself, then the alternative seems clear to me.

Just my 2 cents worth...

Scot Stern
6452 (11K miles)