Re: Overheating...

Check that the cooling fans are rotating correctly ie; pulling air
into the radiater. Check that the fans are securely attached to the
motor shaft. Check that there is no blockage of the grill in front of
the radiater. I remember someone posted that they had a license plate
there and after removing it the car ran cooler. Upgrade the circuit
breaker for the cooling fans. If you have the older otterstadt switch
installation where it is on top change it to the newer version where
it is on the bottom. If you cut the pipe you only need a new hose. Do
not overfill the header bottle, if you do you will constanly dump
coolant. Add a coolant recovery bottle. If you suspect a combustion
leak there is a test you can have done on the coolant for the presence
of combustion gases. If the car was severly overheated in the past it
is possible you blew out a head gasket but it is't common on the
Delorean unless you really cook it. It is also possible you have a bad
or sticking thermostat, slipping fan belt, kinked hose, and so on. An
engine way out of time can also cause overheats. Start with the ideas
in the order I posted as they get more compex and expensive as you go
down the list. I also recommend Fanzilla but it won't correct an
overheating problem. If you don't know when the coolant was last
changed flush and refill with fresh 50-50 soft water and anti-freeze.
Pressure test for leaks. If you have ANY you will constantly pull air
into the system and the auto bleeder can't keep up. 15 psi for 15 min!
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "Matthew David" <DMC5524@xxxx> wrote:
> Dear group,
>
> I have had me DeLorean for almost four years now. Within the last 6
to 9
> months I have noticed a particularly irritating habit it has. I
drive it
> alot of the time, as it is one of my daily drivers. However I seldom
take it
> on the highway, I mostly just drive stop ang go around the city.
Anyway,