RE: door launchers

> You will also need
> the Lockzilla module and the Zilla remote (200 dollars each). The new
> solenoids work off of existing wiring in the doors, so no new wires will
> need to be added from the electrical compartment to the doors. Rob said
> the the solenoids he's using weight about 3 pounds each and will require a
> slight adjustment to the tortion bars. He's expecting the new Zilla box
> and solenoids and compelete installation instructions to run about 600
> dollars. Of course it'll be another 400 dollars if you don't already have
> the Lockzilla and Remote.

A thousand bucks to get remote door openers and locks??? You've gotta be
kidding. I know the Zilla products are good, and would never knock them.
But for those of you who can't quite afford that, there is already a remote
door opening kit (which includes door unlock) that has been on the market
for years. It adds only ounces of weight per door, not 3 pounds, and does
not require torsion bar adjustment. I'm not sure why Rob/Bob are using
heavier solenoids since I shared my how-to info with them years ago. Maybe
they feel solenoids are more reliable than my actuators, but I have never
had one fail. The kit is easy to install and retails for under $200. Check
out delorean-parts.com or e-mail me for information.

--
Darryl Tinnerstet
Specialty Automotive