Re: Rich Fuel mix with High Idle

Check that the air sensor (the plate in the air mixture unit) is
centered and not rubbing. Make sure there is a plug over the mixture
screw. After checking these 2 things the trouble might be a fuel
mixture way out of adjustment. The adjusting screw is VERY sensitive.
A little bit of a turn affects the mixture a lot. It can only really
be adjusted with the proper equipment. Also check that there are no
obstructions in the air intake box and the filter isn't totally
plugged up. Make sure there are no vacuum leaks and no cylinders are
misfiring. Finaly ou might have to do a compression test to locate the
"dead" cylinder.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "Rustproof" <Rustproof@xxxx> wrote:
> I am having some trouble locating the cause of a high idle condition
(2000 rpm) and an extremely rich fuel mixture. The mixture is so rich
that the catalytic converter will begin to glow. I have checked the
ECU and O2 sensor with an o-scope and find that the signal and duty
cycle are within normal operating parameters. The frequency valve
seems to be operating normaly as well. All of the extra adjustment
screws are seated to allow for the ECU to do its job. The Idle control
air valve seems to be operating OK and is not sticking. No leaks at
the cold start valve. The idle switch is is OK too. The fuel injectors
are all operating with a good spray pattern and have been checked for
equal fuel distribution. I am running out of ideas. Has anyone run
into this sort of thing before? Thanks in advance for any suggestions
you guys may have.....