Re: [DML] Rich Fuel mix with High Idle

What made you decide you have a rich mixture, the glowing converter? A large
vacuum leak will cause a fast idle and also run very high combustion temps.
Rich mixes make for cooler combustion temps although you are right, unburned
fuel can cause the converter to get very hot. It's rare that these cars just
start doing these things. The K-Jetronic system is relatively bullet proof.
It's usually neglect or something that you have done that created the
problem. If you've had some things apart, back track and look for areas that
could cause a leak in the intake system. I've seen vacuum leaks large enough
to make the exhaust manifolds glow bright red.

Bruce Benson

> I am having some trouble locating the cause of a high idle condition (2000
>rpm) and an extremely rich fuel mixture. The mixture is so rich that the
>catalytic converter will begin to glow. distribution. I am running out of
ideas. >Has anyone run into this sort of thing before? Thanks in advance for
any >suggestions you guys may have.....