Idle Control

I took my Delorean into the shop at the beginning of the summer, to try and
locate a oil leak i have in the engine. When i came back to talk to the
mechanic he told me that the leak was very small and that i shouldn't worry
about it. However, he did tell me that he was a little concerned with the way
the car was idling. He began to give me his two cents on the subject, and
told me that european car manufacturers can't seem to make a good idle control
system. he said that they have a couple european cars in there shop every
couple of months to replace the idle control. he said that it would be worth
my looking into, to try and get an idle control system off of a japanese car.
he said that the japanese idle control always outlast the life of the car, and
that i could probably find one in a junk yard.
So my question to you is, has anyone replaced the idle control with something
like this? or is the delorean idle control pretty dependable?

Thanks
Willie Mack
Vin 5043