Re: Idle Control

Consider yourself LUCKY that he didn't try to fix your idle! It sounds
like he is not familiar with the idle system on the Delorean and would
only screw it up! Once working properly the idle system is very
reliable but for a mechanic who doesn't know how to fix it when it
breaks he can cause more problems. The idle system more often than not
isn't even broken, just not set up properly! I recommend that you find
someone familiar with the Bosch fuel system or if you have one nearby
a Volvo dealer. Of course you can use the DML or any of the venders
would talk your mechanic through the procedures on setting up the idle
correctly. As far as the leak it is usually something simple like the
sending unit on the rear left side of the engine.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757