Two! Two! Two questions in one!

First. Here's the scoop: I keep forgetting to turn off the AC before I start
the car. So, when I try to start the car with the AC on. I turn it over a
few times and notice what I'm doing, so I stop and wait. The compressor,
cooling fans, and starter drain the battery enough to make it sluggish even
when they are all turned off. What's the largest battery everyone is using?
How many cranking amps should I shoot for?

Second. I need to get me antenna off but he base rotates with it when I try
to take it off (possibly rust on the threads). Can someone point me to what
page the removal procedure is on in the workshop manual? If there isn't one,
can someone give me an idea at how I can get some pliers on the underside of
the antenna base to unscre the stupid thing?