Re: [DML] delayed acceleration problem

An update on my acceleration problem:
I found corroded electrical connections at the frequency valve and control
pressure regulator. The frequency valve was still buzzing, but not as loud
as it otherwise could. I used steel wool and a small knife to scrape the
contacts clean and then blew it out with shop air. I also had to cut off &
replace the ends of the wiring loom.

This has cured the worst of the problem, but I am still getting (get this)
an occasional cold acceleration problem. Sometimes I start the car from
cold and I have to run it without the a/c until it warms up for a minute.
But most of the time it starts & runs fine cold. I suppose this is most
likely a bad electrical connection somewhere concerning the Lambda ECU. I
cleaned up the ground near the frequency valve. From the looks of it, the
designers were asking for trouble there. Are there other places I should
start looking? You guys can be so helpful. I don't think I ever would have
found that ground by the FV without taking the car apart.

Anyone have any other suggestions on what else to look for?

I packed the electrical connections with dielectric grease. This stuff is
NAPA Echlin part # ML3 silicone compound (contains Dimethylpolysiloxane).
Around $13 for a 1 oz tube. It is specified for 'secondary ignition' wires.
I suppose that means spark plug wires? It insulates at high voltages &
temperatures, is very thick and doesn't seem to seep or run. Is this the
right thing to use? It makes a lot more sense than using that gray
anti-corrosive paste meant for aluminum wiring or just regular grease or
WD40. Comments anyone? Those Bosch connectors need something to keep the
weather out of them. The rubber gaskets alone are not enough.

Walt Tampa, FL