Re: A/C belt tensioner

Short of replacing the cover which as you say is the proper fix, you
should be able, after removing it, to have a good machine shop-welding
shop to repair. This kind of repair is not too uncommon and a GOOD
welder and machinist can do a fair job. The question to ask yourself
is how much and how long as compared to getting another cover. There
is n short-cut around this that I know of. Be careful the belt doesn't
cut into the hose going to the water pump! You may not see this easily
but if you put your fingers on the hose you can feel if it is cutting
into it. As long as you are in this area replacing the idler bearings
is a good idea.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "Jerry Harry" <jerryHarry@xxxx> wrote:
> Hello List;
>
> The bottom mounting bolt hole, that goes into the timing chain
> cover, and mounts the A/C belt tensioner assembly has been BADLY
> stripped out, oversized and made completely un-useable.

[moderator snip]