Re: Speaker Wiring.

--- In dmcnews, DMCVegas wrote:
> Quick question: Can anyone tell me where/how the wire for the rear
> speakers is routed?

If memory serers me right both left and richt leads are under the
center console. They are pairs, mine were black with a white stripe
for identifying the positive lead.

> the shop disconnected my rear speakers.

If they did, they probably just disconnected the wires behind the
radio, that's the easiest area to do so.
The original wires are probably still in there...

> Before they were disconnected, the rears sounded fine. I'm
> just looking to splice into the wires to reconnect the speakers

Remember that the maximum uotput of the original radios was
only 4x 15Watt; most modern stereos will output more,
so you risk overloading the original speakers...
Also, by splicing the originals parralel to the new ones you
reduce the impedance of the circuit, so by doing so you risk
overloading your radios' amp. If you really want thoise speakers
connected, I'd advise to put in a small extra amp (there's enough
space in the console, in front of the mode switch and such),
connect it to the pre-out on the new stereo (you do have one,
don't you???) and set up the amp in such a way that at
maximum volume at the head unit, the speakers are not overloaded.

It IS a lot of work, but IMHO safest for both stereo and speakers.
You're probably better off redoing the rear speakers right away...
I have a couple of speakers in my rear wall too, probably they're
further apart than yours; I haven't got a "dead spot"...
There are some pictures in the files area under
"Aftermarket stereo in #05141".
The speakers are just behind the seats,
in the middle of the head rests.

Good luck,