New Key Question?

When I removed my headliners, I discoved what the code was for my
keys (1 key system). How was this code used by the original
dealerships to cut keys, and where can I go today to have new keys
cut using this code? I do plan on getting a set of new key blanks
from one of the vendors, but I would like to start off with a fresh
cut to make the locks work better

-Robert