Re: Fuel sending unit

Ryan and others. I have taken several original fuel sending units
apart and repaired them. You can see some of the work I have done on
the web site. If the bottom of the tank light doesn't come on, it's a
real simple fix inside the unit to re adjust the contacts. Also, if
the gauge is to sensitive to the bottom of the tank, then that can be
adjusted also. Cleaning, adjusting and repairing any wires that have
broken or come loose does take a little while, but once I do it: well
I haven't had a complaint yet. Mine in 11004 is still working fine
after 20 years, but I did take it out and adjusted the contacts so
the low fuel level would come up. I'm not saying The Tank Zilla is
not worth what you pay for it, it's just my nature to try to repair
the old one.
John Hervey
http://www.specialtauto.com/fuelsystems.shtml