Re: [DML] Digest Number 633

Message: 10
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 22:00:50 +0200
From: "Cameron Putsch" <putsch.1@xxxx>
Subject: Delorean one experience with tach

Casey,

My '81 #5501 had the same problem and it turned out to be that tach itself was
bad. Had our local shop (Mesa Auto Works) run tests to confirm. It just would
not go over 2500, I bit the bullet and ordered a new one from DMC Houston and at
the same time had my speedo refaced and recallabrated to 170MPH...its really
cool to now just how fast I am actually going here in AZ.

Regarding the D-1 issue my job takes me across the country and in the mid 90's I
had the pleasure of spending some time at the D-1 shop. Ed was very pleasant and
even opened up early just for me and spent 2 hours with discussing my current
problems and showed me how to install the parts that I purchased via some cars
needing the same repairs. I am not interested in opening up this can-o-worms
with D-1 as it has been more that covered on the DML but I just wanted to share
my experience that I enjoyed with D-1. My.02 only!

Randal W. Brown
AZ-D Club President

> As many of you have realized by now, my tach does not work correctly,
> but gives an incorrect reading consistantly and refuses to drop below
> 1500 or go above

[moderator snip]