Re: [DML] Digest Number 633

"Jim Reeve" wrote:
> I agree with everything John said, but I have one comment to add.
> On my OEM fuel sender (which works perfectly I might add), my
> low fuel light comes on at exactly 2.5 gallons remaining.

I don't know wheter I have a TankZilla or not, I guess not: when I got my D it
had neither a Lock- nor a FanZilla; I installed both of them. I haven't opened
up the tank area yet, but I will within the next couple of weekends to check out
the wiring to the fuel pump (runs constantly whith ignition set to II, RPM relay
and Inertiaswitch can be pulled out and the pum will keep running...).

If I understand the pictures at hand the TankZilla can be recognised by the
little box in the wiring responsible for converting the signal for the after
market sending unit, right???
So if I have a box I have TankZilla, if not it's OEM?

Any way, my lights starts to flicker after about 200miles of driving for me,
when I fill up then I need about 42liters (about 11 gallons), when it lights
continuously I can put in 46liters (roughly 12 gallons). I usually don't let it
come to continuous lighting...

What I did notice is that the last 1/4 of the gauge drops really quick; within
about 20 miles, while the top 1/2 of the gauge takes about 100miles...
Guess I'm lucky I monitor my miles reasonably well; it seems the most dependable
way and resetting the tripmeter at every fillup is SOOO easy...

Greetings,

JAN van de Wouw
Thinking Different... Using a Mac...

#05141 "Dagger" since Sept. 2000