Re: lights

That's interesting, Jim. I now have tankzilla installed, because my
old fuel sender would point straight up occasionally. When I still
had my original sender installed, I remember I had very low fuel,
less than 1/4 tank, and I drove up a steep hill & the fuel gauge
dropped to empty & only then did the low fuel light flicker. I have
also read somewhere, maybe in the archives, about different
experiences with the low fuel light & one said that the low fuel light
came on when the gauge hit empty, & he ran out of gas 30 seconds
later. According to service bulletein ST-28-11/81 a different fuel
sender was introduced at vin 5238. Both you & I would have this
type of fuel sender, (my vin is 16822) so that wouldn't be what is
causing the discrepancy. Any ideas?

John Yeoman