cryogenically treating rotors

Hello everyone,

This subject was on my Acura NSX mailing list:

<To confirm, yes: cryogenically treating rotors will increase rotor life
by at least 100%, and as much as 200%. Further, it makes rotors (any
rotor - though it is best to start with a new, high-quality rotor such
as Brembo or ATE) much more resistant to warping and cracking.>

The Carbotech Engineering Company has developed a Brake Friction
Compound. The rotors are treated in the same manner as the torsion bars on
the DMC. Interesting.

Sincerely,
Michael Pack