Re: when do fans come on?

The temp gauge in the Delorean is not that accurate. If you suspect a
problem then you should use either a Templestick, a thermometer, an
infrared thermometer or some other accurate method of measureing
temperature. If your car never warms up it could be a thermostat that
is stuck open or maybe it isn't even there. It is possible that your
otterstadt switch comes on too early, different venders sell
differently calibrated otterstadt switches. It is not good to run a
motor too cold. Your fuel economy will be low and emissions high. Your
engine oil will become contaminated because the moisture is never
boiled out and it will corrode the internals of your engine. You will
not get any heat out of the heater in the winter also.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, Delorean17@xxxx wrote:
> Hello List,
> I have a question. My temp gauge never goes past the first
white line.