Re: [DML] think you have otterstat problems?

Re: [DML] think you have otterstat problems?

> If your otterstat is the problem [...]
> the only way to keep your engine cool while idling
> is to turn the A/C *ON*. If this doesn't describe your
> situation, then the otterstat is almost certainly not
> the (only) problem.
> [...] the exception to this is when your otterstat wiring
> is faulty

If I understand correctly, the scenario you describe (using the A/C to make
the fans run) would indicate that the otterstat is stuck in the "off"
position, unable to complete the circuit and allow the fans to run...right?
But couldn't the opposite occur, where the otterstat is stuck in the "on"
position and the fans run all the time?

My fans run continuously, but when I pull either of the otterstat wires they
stop. When I plug the wire back in, the fans start back up. I presumed
this meant my otterstat was stuck "on." Is that not necessarily the case?
Can the otterstat only fail one way?

Todd Masinelli
VIN 6681 (Nov 81)