Re: antifreeze question

The water is what helps cool the engine , the antifreeze is for well
so the water doesn't freeze and to lube and protect the internal
parts from corroding due to there is water in the system....and also
(I believe) to keep the boiling point of the water high (so it won't
boil). If you put straight antifreeze into the engine....it won't
cool it as efficiently (especially in this heat!) and may even come
close to over heating. Follow the mixture. I believe Prestone makes
ready mixed antifreeze so you don't have to go through the trouble. I
would suggest that you fix that leak because it will turn into a
major problem unexpectedly. Even though it is very small?.just from
the heat of the coolant expanding and contracting the parts it will
get worse.

Steve