Re: [DML] VIN#04610 -> finding your car history.

Re: [DML] VIN#04610 -> finding your car history.

My car wasn't on the list when I bought it either.
I received some paperwork with the car that included a name and city for
each previous owner except one. I have talked to them all but that one, and
he was just a dealer taking expensive vehicles to Alaska.

It took some time, but thanks to the internet, I was able to find contact
information for all of the owners (except that one). And, finally did hear
from them all.
It was definitely worth the trouble. I recommend everyone do that!

Incidentally, the car never made it to Alaska, it was sold in Washington to
the second owner. Which is both good and bad since I was living in Alaska at
the time and might have been able to see it had it made it, but never would
have been able to buy it in Texas if it had.

There are some tools... like carfax, but they don't necessarily go back very
far or very well. Finding and calling people is the best way.