RE: [DML] are there d's with minimal troubles?

RE: [DML] are there d's with minimal troubles?

Since 1981, my DeLorean has only had minor problems. The plastic clutch
tube had to be replaced with the braided SS. I have had to replace the fuel
pump and suction hoses a couple of times. The biggest source has been from
the electrical system, specifically the connectors and relays. The cause, I
believe to be from lack of use. Minor corrosion on the relay contacts and
wiring connectors. When something decides to quit working, I always start
by cleaning the connectors. Yesterday, the fuel pump would not come on.
Turns out that the RPM Relay was the culprit. I removed it and cycled the
relay by hand. It looked clean so I hooked it back up and it now works
fine.

Every thing else that I can think of has been maintenance or upgrades.
Replaced shocks and trailing arm bolts.
Replaced tires
Replaced vent escutcheons and door pull handles and straps
Cleaned injectors
Replaced plugs
Replaced hoses, thermostat and upgraded to 3 row radiator
Serviced AC, twice since new (evacuate, leak test and fill with R-12)
Replaced belts and tensioner pulley bearings.
Upgraded Alternator
Replaced fuel level transmitter with N.O.S

I could use this as my Daily Driver but I choose not to. I prefer to drive
my D on longer fun trips and use other vehicles around town.

<30,000 since 1981

Scott Mueller
DMCNEWS 002981
DOA 5031