Re: Otterstat question

Some of the early ones were built that way. There is a DMC service
bulletin on this. With the Otterstat on the top, you can get an air
bubble in there and have the fans turn on/off at the wrong temp. Fix
was/is to rotate the pipe. VERY early cars have solid pipe almost all
the way to the engine, over the airconditioner. To rotate that style
you have to cut the pipe.

Dave Swingle