Re: [DML] plastic clutch line syndrome?

Hi Andy

> the symptoms are grinding 1st and 2nd gear, as well as difficulty in
> getting out of gear sometimes. yes, the clutch pedal is depressed ALL of the
> way. i haven't ground on 3rd or 4th gear yet. oh yeah - for the last couple
> months my reverse has grinded for a split second about every 4th time i shift
> into Reverse.

I had the exactly the same problem with my plastic line. When the clutch
pedal was fully depressed and only released a tiny bit, the clutch would
"grip" already.
And with hot weather I had trouble shifting Rev, 1st and 2nd.

> would these be by-the-book symptoms of needing the stainless clutch line? i
> just ordered it and warren said that it sounds like the problem. what do the
> rest of you think?

I had the plastic line replaced with the stainless one a week ago and
I must say it's a BIG difference! The Problem went completely away, and
the point where the clutch "grips" is now in the upper quarter of the
pedal-way instead of all the way down.
I would really recommend you to replace the plastic line!

Greetings,
Roland

Roland Barmettler - roli@xxxx - http://www.DeLorean.ch - VIN #11512