Locked in / Bob Zilla

Thank you to all who suggested LockZilla.
In nearly a decade it has been shown to be 100% reliable.

However,
It is important to point out, you don't "NEED" one.

If you have an original door lock controller you can deactivate it by
unplugging the Heavy Red 12Ga wire from it to the circuit breaker. You will
loose your automatic function(s) but you will be completely safe in this
regard.

While many have mentioned that "if needed, you can reach around and unplug
it".

You are tempting fate.

The lock controller is under a carpet and below a rather large panel which is
often reluctant to come out. It is out of the reach of the driver so you'd be
climbing over the passenger to get to it.

In ANY emergency situation you will need to get out RIGHT NOW.
Often in an accident you are Dazed and confused.
Your "Brain has left the building". THIS IS NO TIME TO PLAY TECHNICIAN.

LockZilla was designed with this EXACT emergency scenario in mind:
Back in the 80's a friend with a D hit a pothole doing 65. He spun 360 and
came to rest on the side of the highway. He told me " I was dazed. My head
got banged around a bit. I couldn't unlock either door. The unlock buttons
were jammed shut.
A few minutes later the door opened easily. Weird !!"

MORAL:
If you have an original door lock controller unplug it.
As Gus (gus@xxxx) so aptly put it ....."the factory module
failure is a matter of "when" and not "if" so you should unplug your module
NOW."

Don't put your safety or that of your passenger in jeopardy.
Just because it hasn't malfunctioned yet doesn't mean it won't.
DON'T FOOL AROUND
UNPLUG IT NOW

Bob Zilla