RE: [DML] Re: Trapped in a DeLorean?

can u simply disconnect the battery? (I have a kill switch on my battery)

-----Original Message-----
From: gus@xxxx [mailto:gus@xxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2001 5:22 PM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DML] Re: Trapped in a DeLorean?

Yes, you can certainly be trapped in a DMC.

The door locks are activated by rather large solenoids, controlled by
the lock module. The module is under-engineered and the relays can
stick when activated. This would keep the solenoids powered, and
being very large they are impossible to overpower manually.

Should this happen to you, you can:

a) wait for the solenoids to burn up
b) wait for the battery to go dead
c) unplug the lock module, in the relay box behind the passenger

or, buy the LockZilla, which replaces the stock module and restores
proper function. Either way, the factory module failure is a matter
of "when" and not "if" so you should unplug your module NOW until you
can get it updated.

Gus Schlachter
Austin, TX
4695

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "Joe Thome" <joethome@xxxx> wrote:
> Hello List members,
> I find the possibility of being trapped in my DeLorean kind of scary
because of the cabin's rather cramped quarters. Is this really a
potential problem, and if so, Is there a remedy? If so, what is it?

www.dmcnews.com/Admin/rules.html

moderator@xxxx