Re: [DML] a few maybe related engine problems (long post!)

Re: [DML] a few maybe related engine problems (long post!)

I'm sure someone will comment about the 'control' wire going to the
starter- I have no idea what it does, but when it's missing, the car
starts "sometimes". You should also be certain that you don't have a low
voltage situation and have the starting-system update (wire switch) that
is described in the update manual- Without that update, the starter will
click but not turn over... (I don't think you have this problem, though)

What I really wrote to say here was a problem I had with my distributor.
Way down deep in the distributor there are two weights held in by two
springs. As the distributor spins faster, the weights move out with
centrifugal force (or the equal an opposite of the centripetal force, for
you losers out there) and advance the spark. One of the springs down
there broke on my machine. The only reason I found it was through a
systematic disassembly I've done on everything I've found. SO, if you
have a power loss problem, but only at lower RPMs, and are desperate, you
can take your car apart again to check the springs. I will admit that
the distributor could not be in a worse place in the car, and it's a pain
to get in there. I've talked to quite a few people, none of whom have
ever heard of this problem happening... but I guess if it happened to me,
it can happen to you! For what it's worth...

Jim Strickland
1537
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.