Re: [DML] a few maybe related engine problems (long post!)

Re: [DML] a few maybe related engine problems (long post!)

Aaron,

Thanks for your detailed explanation of your DeLorean problem. All of the items you mention are related to the fuel (acceleration) enrichment circuit. I have had a flood of requests for information on this subject over the last couple of weeks therefore beginning July 1 I will publish a step by step procedure on how to diagnose and repair this extremely common problem. Until than here are some facts concerning this subject that should get you started.

The fuel (acceleration) enrichment system consists of the Lambda ECU (emissions computer), two relay's, one electric fuel valve, two sensor three switches and over two dozen connection points. Most problems are related to the last item; intermittent or broken electrical connections.

The first item to check, and it appears from your description that you already have, is the fuel frequency valve located on the right hand valve cover under the air cleaner box. After a cold engine start, the valve should buzz continuously for the first few minutes of engine idling. After, no more than five minutes the frequency should change to an intermittent buzz. If the frequency valve does not buzz at all or buzzes continuously after engine warm up you will experience poor idling, poor acceleration either when hot or cold, with possible stalling and or hard starting.

Of course all of the above is dependent on a problem free ignition and vacuum system.

DMC Joe

www.dmc.tv

"We're here to help you"

DMC Help / De Lorean Services / <dmchelp@xxxx>