Re: out the window?

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, David Cox <DMCox@xxxx> wrote:
<SNIP>
> ...then there was the woman who was telling someone as she walked
away "They built these near where I grew up, in Utah..." Anybody
know if there was a quality control center in Utah? ;)

> Dave
> vin 16367

For some reason, I keep hearing this rumor ALOT. Here is Vegas, there
is a significant population of people who are from Utah. I've heard
about 3 different 'Urban Legends' about the DeLorean being built in
Utah. While I have heard these rumors for the past couple of years,
they are all simular to the point of being almost exact. One such
rumor that was told to me by several people was that Logan Mfg. was
building DMC-12's. I had one guy walk up to me at Pep-Boys and start
up a conversation. He asked me if my car was built in Ireland or
Utah. Puzzled, I told him of course Northern Ireland. What then
proceded was a conversation discussing what he ment by Utah. The guy
swore up and down that up at Logan, they had a seperate building
where DMC-12's were assembled. He then told me a story of how he used
to be a delivery boy for some sort of company back in early 1982. And
that one day he had to make a delivery to Logan Mfg. The guy swore
there were a least 30 cars that he saw sitting ready to be shipped.
The guy even described to me where the styrofoam pads were when they
were stuck to the car. Amazingly, he was right. But he said my car
had something that none of the cars he saw did. And he pointed to the
metal plate on my door jamb. My VIN plate.

Are these stories true? I don't know. While I have gotten VERY
simular stories from various people I've met, I've never seen any
rock solid proof. Untill I do, I just take the rumors with a grain of
salt. More than likely, people just figure since DeLorean owned a
plant in Utah, he must have been building cars there.

-Robert