Seat Belt Retraction/Hollow Bolt

Hello list,

Ever since I got my DeLorean I have had problem with the seat belt retraction.

I wonder what is considered "normal" seat belt retraction on the DeLorean?

On my car, mostly on the LH side (but also on the RH side) the seat belt retracts back and away from the person in the seat, but hangs down in what I would call a "lazy" position. With the help of my hands I can make the seatbelt go all the way up and stay there. But is rather annoying. I would suspect that the seatbelts would retract as in a new car - all the way back andup and stay there.

Do I need new seatbelt assy's maybe?

The car has only got 15,000 miles on it, and the seatbelts themselves look like new. Can anything be adjusted in the seatbelt retraction unit?

Also, when replacing the rear speakers in my DeLorean, I noticed that therewas a hollow bolt + the fastening bolt on the passenger side, whereas on the drivers side, there was only the fastening bolt. I'm talking about the bolt that fastens the seatbelt in the top, and which goes through the rear speaker panel.

>From what I understand the function of the hollow bolt (in lack of a betterword) is to adjust the angle of the top seatbelt holder, in other words the hollow bolt causes "free play" in the fastening bolt. The fastening bolt goes through the hollow bolt (more like a tube) and from there into the threads in the glassfibre underbody. Strange that this hollow bolt isn't on the drivers side. Is it suppose to be like this?

The Parts Manual does not give an answer since the bolt isn't featured in the illustration.

Any suggestions to my problems are welcomed!

Best wishes
Stian Birkeland
Norway

VIN # 06759