Re: [DML] Reluctant downshift.

Payne,

I too had a very mushy 2nd gear when I bought 4695. According to
Steven Wynne, the plastic clutch line kept the clutch from disengaging
100% and would make the gears crunch a little; the weak spot in the
system is the rollpin for the 2nd gear synchro, which had become bent
as a result. This made shifting into 2nd problematic.

It's simple enough to correct, if you consider splitting the
transmission simple. If I recall, the repair cost was nominal.

Gus Schlachter
Austin, TX
4695