galvanizing D frame?

Hi Chris!
Hi list!

You mentioned the trials on a galvanized frame.
What exactly means "galvanizing"? Is this...

1.) putting the frame into a relatively cold bath of chemicals, putting a
voltage between the frame and the bath and thus getting a thin coat of zinc
(or whatever) on the frame?

or

2.) putting the frame into a very hot bath of liquid zinc, thus getting a
thick coat (100µm) of zinc which is extremely rust resistant?

As I have two frames (one damaged, one rather new), I intend to test the
second method on the damaged frame. But I am very unsure if this really
makes sense, because I found not a single person so far who recommended
doing that. And I asked quit a number of people.

All of them said that this method is very critical because the frame is made
of rather thin material and could probably not withstand the great forces
which occur (because of the great heat, approx. 450°C = 842 °F).

If you have any information or know of someone who has got any information
on this subject.

PLEASE tell me about it...

bye,

Ralf