[DML] CG Replacement

Hi James,
before I fixed my CG few days ago, I started a design
with the following options:

- improved automatic shift with adjustable shiftpoints
- switchable to manual tiptronic (two buttons) with adjustable
shifting back security point (taken from the generator on the
transmission)

Layout and the production of a few pcbs would be no problem
because I own a company specialized in PCB-Prototype production
(www.pcb-pool.com).
To try out - build in - improve ... of course will cost a lot
of time...and my CG is working so nicely at the moment ;-)

Let's see the feedback first.....

Arne

> So my main question is how long will it be until someone starts producing CG
> units that can withstand a bolt of lighting ? I m really cautious about
> buying a 20 year old part for $400.00 and always having it in the back of my
> mind that it could, and probably will, at sometime fail again.
> I know there are some real electrical buffs on this list. surly someone is
> interested in making some money from redesigned units. From what I have
> heard the actual components in the shift computer are very basic and
> probably not very expensive, if someone can reproduce the CG unit in a more
> durable form for $400 then put me down for one.

Beta LAYOUT GmbH
Feldstrasse 2
65326 Aarbergen

Tel.: 0049 6120 907010