First Drive in my DeLorean

Hi all,

Thanks for all the info on my question about the CG and tranny fluid etc. It
was my 21st birthday on Sunday and I am now driving my DeLorean as
previously I could not get insured on it, anyway it drove like a dream.
The only problem I found which could be related to the dreaded CG unit was
that the car often started off in second gear especially after it had been
running for a while and had warmed up. Unfortunately this obviously
dramatically cuts the off the line speed, however when it did start of in
first it was allot quicker than I was expecting.
I have not experienced any erratic shifting i.e. it does not change gear at
the wrong time or shift down unexpectedly and it was incredibly smooth at
shifting smoother than any other auto I have been in anyway.

So my main question is how long will it be until someone starts producing CG
units that can withstand a bolt of lighting ? I m really cautious about
buying a 20 year old part for $400.00 and always having it in the back of my
mind that it could, and probably will, at sometime fail again.
I know there are some real electrical buffs on this list. surly someone is
interested in making some money from redesigned units. From what I have
heard the actual components in the shift computer are very basic and
probably not very expensive, if someone can reproduce the CG unit in a more
durable form for $400 then put me down for one.

Cheers

James RG
England
# 5462