Re: cd player installation

Andy wrote:

> i was able to find the constant
> 12V wire (yellow) and the ignition wire (purple).

This is not original as far as I know:
+12V permanent should be purple,
+12V after ignition is supposed to be Light green w/ White stripe

> but anyway, the deck looks great, and if the D had a decent soundstage, it
> would sound really good too! the previous owner put MTX speakers in the car
> last year, but it still sounds like crap because 3.5" and 5x7's don't have
> much bass.....

This lack of bass is also a result of the lack off insulation behind the
speakers and the fact that they are not enclosed properly, but sit in open air.
Especially Bass is very sensitive to this. If you don't want to loose too much
space on the parcel shelf I'd put the speakers in the rear wall. I did so on
mine after a tip from DMC Joe I read several months ago when the radio thread
came up again. I believe he used to be an audio-engineer or something similar,
so he should know what he's talking about!

Good luck with your system, post some pictures somewhere?!?

JAN van de Wouw
Thinking Different... Using a Mac...

#05141 "Dagger" since Sept. 2000

check out the Delorean-Files at: