Re: Jump starting (was computer governor (should I be concerned?))

Re: Jump starting (was computer governor (should I be concerned?))

If you look at the procedures to jump start newer cars the news is
DON'T. Most of the latest cars with all of the computers do not allow
jump starting. The procedure is to either remove and recharge the
battery or replace with a charged one. I won't go as far as saying
that is what to do on the Delorean but the safest way to get it going
with a dead battery is to (with the ignition off) hook up a battery
pack to the stud in the engine compartment and then the engine
(ground). The car should start right up without having a surge go
through the car.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "Walter" <Whalt@xxxx> wrote:
> Senator,
>
> I think that the suggestion to only jump-start DeLoreans in extreme
> emergencies is being too conservative. As long as some basic
guidelines are

> for jumper cables than hard engine parts.
>
> Walt Tampa, FL

Granted
> >there are issues that can arise from JUMP STARTING the car. Only
jump start
> >in extreme emergency. As a matter of fact, the current issue of
DeLorean