Re: fuel problem

If the pump is running (you actually hear it) and it isn't moving fuel
then look for a kinked, collapsed, soft fuel pick-up hose or missing
baffles in the tank and the pump is sucking air. It is very easy when
installing the pump to turn it even a little and with a soft pick-up
hose it will kink or collapse under the suction. You could
temporaraly substitute a short length of hose on the suction of the
pump and immerse the other end in the tank to see if you can get it to
pump. If the hose is causing the problem before replacing it you could
try putting a spring inside it. The new hoses are much stiffer and
resist kinking and collapsing better than the old ones although they
are EXPENSIVE. Be careful working around the fuel tank. Take all
sensible precautions as pointed out in previous posts.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

In dmcnews@xxxx, Meyerleem@xxxx wrote:
> My car was running rough just like just like described in the rough
running
> posts. The fuel pump was changed last fall as was the fuel filter.
It just
> recently stalled on me and is not getting any gas. There is power to
the pump
> and I can here it when I turn the the key, but no fuel is pumped. I
removed
> the line going to the fuel filter and there is nothing pumped even
that far.
> Help
> Lee
> VIN#