Re: feul problem

Lee, The fuel pump will make a louder noise if it's being starved for
fuel. That's one way to tell what's happening. Another problem, When
you turn on the key you hear the pump run but does it shut off in a
second or two. By shutting off, the pump has pressurized the fuel
system and waiting for use. When your starting the car the RPM
relay/impulse coil will start the pump running again. If it doesn't,
then you have an electrical problem. If it does start to run,then you
may have a bad pump. Your also saying fuel filter, or do you mean
fuel screen, the screen is on the other end of the fuel pump pick up
line. Most likly the screen isn't the problem, but if you read a lot
of theses post Steve, just replaced a lot of fuel parts just to find
out it was the fuel filter giving him the problem. It's the larger
canister bolted to the back part of the frame.
If you need a used pump to test, I have one you can use.
John Hervey
www.specialTauto.com

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, Meyerleem@xxxx wrote:
> My car was running rough just like just like described in the rough
running
> posts. The fuel pump was changed last fall as was the fuel filter.
It just
> recently stalled on me and is not getting any gas. There is power
to the pump
> and I can here it when I turn the the key, but no fuel is pumped. I
removed
> the line going to the fuel filter and there is nothing pumped even
that far.
> Help
> Lee
> VIN#