Re: Numbers on Engine.

The numbers on the engine do not match the VIN number. Neither will
the Chassis number that is welded on the left hand side of the
chassis in the engine compartment. It's more like a "serial number"
or "Lot Number" if you want to call it. Just the manufactures way of
keeping track of what engines went into what cars so if a problem
arose with a certain lot of engines....they knew what cars they were
in. Since Delorean did not make the engine and Volvo did, it's
Volvo's numbering scheme. All car manufactures have engine numbers
stamped/welded onto the blocks of the engine.

Steve