Fw: [doc] Eurofest

----- Original Message -----
From: Chris Parnham
To: doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, May 29th 2001 9:06 PM
Subject: [doc] Eurofest

Dear all,

Home at last after an exhausting, but wonderful 5 days in Belfast..the weather was brilliant, so was the company, so were the events..just too much!

High-lights for me.

1) Meeting so many "DeLorean" people from all over the world

2) Driving ( with the help of my son) 2 DeLoreans to Belfast and back without incident!

3) Driving around the test track, and taking people for rides ( in Dusty)....FAST!!!!!
( sadly cut short at the other drivers accident)...he was OK but the car suffered!

4) Putting faces to names..so many.....overload!

5) The photo shoots ..still awaiting the pictures to be developed.....including the 40 cars lined up in front of one of the most beautiful and important buildings in Northern Ireland....thank you Dermot MacGreevy for fixing it up with Robert Lamrock.

6) It just went on and on.....imagine...having your car (Dusty, now up to 450 miles!) gone over by all those experts....by the side of the DeLorean test track..inside the DeLorean factory complex...surrounded by all the other DeLorean cars and owners...too much.
My proudest moment was letting Ed Bernstein give Dusty the "full once over" and having him make such favourable comments..I don't care what some of you guys say, I am now Ed's number one fan ! ( no follow up comments please). I now regard the Right Hand Drive issue resolved and in the past. Rhd's are just another interesting variation of our very special cars.

7) Photo shoot at the end of the "Giants Causeway"....with Dusty...Only one car was allowed to drive right to the end of the causway..it was a great honour for me to take Dusty, some of the shots were taken without her front number plate, especialy to make the photo look better. ( this was where one of the origanal factory publicity shots were kaken back in 1981).

Lastly a big thank you to Robert Lamrock and all the DOC UK members working so tirelessly, behind and in front on scenes.

Dusty is now thoughly washed and cleaned ( underneath as well) as we even had an impromtue photo call on the beach ( 3 cars) on the way back to the ferry!

More later when I've had some more sleep....

Chris Parnham Hon. Sec. DeLorean Owners Club UK.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

DOC UK Website: www.delorean.co.uk