[DML] Stainless Steel air filter box (was Stainless Steel Facias)

[DML] Stainless Steel air filter box (was Stainless Steel Facias)

Skipper,

If you really want to make a hot selling upgrade for the DeLorean, have your
stainless fabricator make an air filter box out of stainless that is
basically shaped like the OEM but will hold the closest K&N filter
available. Make it with twist lock stainless latches to hold it closed.

I thought about this before, but I think it would be difficult to make the
round lower portion of the air box out of sheet metal and make it so that it
would fit tight without leaking. I think it would be tricky to make the
flange perfectly round. The next time I see my stainless guy, (I'm in the
restaurant equipment business) I'll show him my air box and ask him what it
would cost to make several out of stainless. That is unless you beat me to
it. But relax, I'm incredibly slow at such things.

By the way, can anyone say what the closest sizes of the K&N air filters are
that would be appropriate to consider using? Such as what is the next few
sizes too large and too small? I think I would rather go a speck larger
just for general principle's sake.

Walt Tampa, FL