Re: [DML] Re: Starting problems

Steve,

Because you say that half of your injectors are spraying, and the other half
are not while attached to the fuel distributor, maybe you have a problem in
the fuel distributor. Have you tried hooking a known spraying injector to a
fuel line where another injector previously didn't spray? If the problem
follows the injector, then that would indicate that you have some bad
injectors. If a known good injector will not spray on a line where another
injector failed, then that could indicate a bad fuel distributor. The only
other explanation that I can think of is that perhaps your fuel pressure is
barely high enough to open just some of your injectors.

What is the most common failure mode of the control pressure regulator? I
think that normally when they fail they allow too high a fuel pressure to
the injectors. Is this correct?

Also, you said that pressing on the air meter flap increased the fuel spray
only for a short time. Y'all correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't pushing on
the air meter flap supposed to increase the fuel flow for the duration that
it is pressed? If this is the case, then it sounds like this is more
evidence that something is amiss in the fuel distributor.

Walt Tampa, FL