Re: Starting problems

Now it does seem like it is a fuel system problem! At this point I am
guessing that the primary contol pressure regulater on the side of the
fuel distributer is stuck open and is dumping the pressure back to the
tank. You can either take it apart and clean it or wait until you get
a pressure gauge to confirm this. When the engine is cold and first
starts up it is running mainly on the cold start valve (think of it
like a choke) so you should also check that system but if you don't
have enough pressure that won't be operating correctly either. You
will have to find the correct setting for the mixture screw by trial
and error once you get it to run a little.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, srubano@xxxx wrote:
> All my timings are correct. If I spray a small amount of starting
> fluid into the intake the engine will start right up and idle for a
> second then die. That rules out any timing issues and/or ignition
> problems. I am very familiar with engine timing's and such. The
Bosch