Re: [DML] windshield washer pump

I have had good success in rebuilding (actually just cleaning) the pump. A typical failure mode is that the holes on the bottom of the reservoir cover get clogged and the pump spends a few years sitting in water getting rusty. It is not difficult to completely disassemble the pump/motor assembly and clean everything up. You have to carefully unbend the little tabs that keep it together. Use light sandpaper to remove the rust from everything. Pay special attention to the motor brush holders and commutator surfaces (don't scratch them up). Lubricate lightly and put it all back together. I bet it will be good as new.

While you are at it, drill a few more drain holes in the bottom of the cover.

--pete lucas
VIN #06703