Re: [DML] mirror switch completed

Hello All,

I'm no longer obsessed with the mirror switch. I figured it all out, and
while I wasn't able to repair my existing switch, I was able to match up a
switch from a 1995 Saab 900 (part# 4466405). I picked up two of these
switches for $8 on ebay, not knowing at all if they would work, but I
figured it can't be THAT difficult. It took some time to figure out the
Delorean wiring (thanks DMCJoe and Jan), as well as tracking down the
schematic and wiring diagram for the Saab switch (thanks to some Saab
enthusiasts out there). With one small exception, the Saab wiring exactly
matches up to the existing wiring harness.

The best part is that the Saab switch fits perfectly into the shell of the
old switch (with a little plastic removal, that is), and once installed,
looks almost like a stock switch if you didn't know any better.

I put up some quick photos and wiring chart here:
http://www.eskin.net/saabswitch.html

-Hank #1619