Re: [DML] Remote starters

Most remote starters (at least the one on my Jeep, from Viper) have a
Tach wire on it. It monitors the Tach from the distributor so it
knows when to stop cranking the starter. There is also a timer on it
to stop the starter from turning the engine over if it does not
start, then it retries again.

>SNIP<
In the D, I have it programmed to run the starter for 2 seconds,
> and if it does not start it waits 20 seconds two more times if need
be and
> tries again.....The only time it has ever gone to the second try
for ME is
> in the dead of winter when it has not been started for a week or
more. It
> can be programmed to run the starter for 4 seconds or longer too.
I have